AYA follows the guidelines of:
• Hillsborough County Childcare Licensing
• Florida VPK
• School Readiness Programs
• Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
The Early Childhood programs administered by AYA serve children from two to four years of age.
- Children are placed in rooms according to ages and accommodations.
- Enrollment is understood to be for the full school year. Any withdrawal for more than 2 weeks will result in a re-registration fee, which will be prorated.
- The office must be notified immediately of changes in addresses, telephone numbers, employment changes and marital status, etc.
- All students are expected to meet the conduct standards, as well as adhere to its rules and regulations.
- There is an Open Door Policy with regards to parents/guardians visiting the classrooms. AYA welcomes their visits and their observations with regards to the Early Childhood Program.
The early childhood programs at AYA provide opportunities for children to develop their exploratory nature through creative challenges. The curriculum encourages children to be actively involved in the learning process, which balances child-initiated/teacher-initiated, active/quiet, and indoor/outdoor activities. Learning centers allow children to choose from a variety of learning activities, which include building, drawing and dramatic play. In addition, by incorporating the teachings of Islam into our everyday curriculum and by involving parents in the programs, AYA can foster and nurture the Muslim identity of each family it touches.
The developmentally appropriate curriculum includes:
- Islamic Studies and Arabic Language Studies
- Language Development and Literacy
- Science and Nature
- Life Skills
- Physical Education
- Arts and Crafts
The K2 - K4 classrooms use teaching strategies through Creative Curriculum and the CPAA, along with teaching strategies Gold to measure the students' progress.