Welcome to AYA's Resources Page!
American Youth Academy offers a range of valuable resources to support our school community. These resources are designed to enhance the learning experience, foster personal growth, and empower students to excel academically and socially. Here are some of the key resources available at AYA:
- Library and Media Center: Our fully-equipped library and media center offer a wealth of knowledge and learning materials. From academic textbooks and reference materials to engaging fiction and non-fiction books, our collection caters to the diverse interests of our students. Our library also provides access to digital resources and online databases, enabling students to conduct research and expand their understanding of various subjects.
- Technology Integration: AYA places a strong emphasis on technology integration in education. Our classrooms are equipped with modern technology, including interactive smart boards and computers, to enhance the teaching and learning process. Additionally, students have access to online educational platforms that facilitate collaborative learning and access to learning resources beyond the classroom.
- Guidance and Counseling Services: At AYA, we understand the importance of addressing students' emotional and social well-being. Our guidance counselors provide confidential support and guidance to students, helping them navigate academic challenges, personal development, and career planning. We encourage open communication and offer a safe space for students to discuss their concerns and aspirations.
- National Honor Society (NHS) & National Junior Honor Society (NJHS): AYA takes pride in recognizing and celebrating exceptional students through NHS and NJHS. These prestigious organizations honor students who have demonstrated excellence in scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Membership in NHS and NJHS provides students with opportunities for personal growth, community involvement, and leadership development.
- Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) Program: AYA offers a Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) Program for eligible four-year-old children. This program follows the Florida VPK guidelines and focuses on preparing children for kindergarten while nurturing their early childhood development.
- Extended Essay Support: For students pursuing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme, we provide comprehensive support for the Extended Essay (EE). Our dedicated supervisors guide students through the research and writing process, enabling them to develop critical research and analytical skills.
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS): Our school follows the PBIS framework to create a positive and inclusive learning environment. PBIS aims to improve student outcomes by addressing behavior through systems change, promoting a culture of respect and responsibility, and fostering academic and social success for all students.
For more information on any of these resources or to explore other opportunities at AYA, please don't hesitate to reach out to our staff and administrators.
We are here to help you achieve your full potential and make the most of your time at American Youth Academy!